Sat, Nov 11|
Blackberry Creek Animal Sanctuary
"Members Only" Fall Visitor Day
Join us at Blackberry Creek Farm Animal Sanctuary for a “Members Only” farm tour on November 11th!
Time & Location
Nov 11, 2023, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST
Blackberry Creek Animal Sanctuary, 1170 Pinecroft Rd, Colfax, CA 95713, USA
About the event
New members: Come join us at Blackberry Creek Farm Animal Sanctuary for a farm tour on November 11th! This two-hour visit will be led by one of our knowledgeable volunteers who will tell stories of our rescued animals, share the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle for human health, the environment and the animals, and introduce you to the 13 species that call the sanctuary home. We'll talk about the advocacy work we do and also share some helpful tips on how to help animals and the environment through making compassionate, informed choices.
Please note while we will visit the habitat of each species, we are not a petting zoo and offer agency to all of our residents. As such, interaction with the animals who live there will be based on their choice.
Registration is included in your membership. Special vegan treats will be provided.
Other Important Info:
- Children: To ensure the best possible experience for your group and our animals, we ask you please plan for at least a 1:2 ratio of adults to children for their safety and that of the animals.
- Mindfulness: The sanctuary is meant to be a true place of peace for the animals. Please come with an open mind and quiet voices and prepare to be delighted by the life-changing experience of meeting these magical friends up close.
- Waiver/Photo Release - Please sign our safety waiver and photo release online before arriving at the sanctuary so that we can get started with the tour right away.
- Vegan Policy - Out of respect for the animal residents and our mission of kindness, animal products (meat, dairy, eggs, honey, etc.) are not permitted on sanctuary grounds. Thank you for understanding.
- Cancellation - Please notify us if you need to cancel so we can plan accordingly.
- Closed Toed Shoes - For your own safety please wear closed-toed shoes to the sanctuary. Tennis shoesare fine, and we suggest boots when it's muddy if possible.
- ADA Options - Please let us know in advance if you have any persons with disabilities in your group that require access to an ADA restroom, etc.
For more information on becoming a member, visit our page called "Become a Member".