What's Happening at the Sanctuary?
What a crazy, challenging, and wonderful year it has been so far! In December after meeting with the county and learning they would not zone our current property for summer youth camps, we set out to begin looking for a new property. We have found several that suit our needs and one in particular is ideal both due to location and zoning; the only problem...we need to raise BIG money to be able to purchase enough land and build barns, infrastructure, an event center, and youth camp facilites. We have launched a crowdfunding campaign this month and are relying on you to help us spread the word and encourage donors to give toward the future of the sanctuary. Click HERE or read more below in "How You Can Help!"
Left to Right: Baby Llarry Pepperpants, new hens from a battery cage egg factory, and Mighty Mo Mistletoe.
2nd Annual Barn "Raising" Fundraising Gala on May 20th
Tickets at: blackberrycreek.ticketspice.com/the-barn-raising
The second annual Barn "Raising" Fundraising Gala is going to be incredible! We've upped our game this year for a truly one of a kind evening. Tickets are all inclusive at $75 per adult; they include event entry, parking and shuttle, a welcome gift bag valued at over $25, samples from top companies, a full dinner, dessert bar, one entry into the raffle, silent auction opportunities, drinks at the open bar, animal meet and greets, a selfie booth, and a seat for champion plant-based bodybuilder Torre Washington's talk. Tickets are nonrefundable. Shuttle begins at 3:30pm with an official welcome from the founders at 4:30pm. The night will end around 9pm with the last shuttle leaving the sanctuary at 10:00. Get your tickets before they're gone and invite a friend!
Blackberry Creek at Tahoe/Truckee Earth Day Festival
Visit our booth on April 22nd at the Earth Day Festival at The Village at Squaw Valley! Check it out here: http://tahoetruckeeearthday.com/
Spring Family Volunteer Day
Family Volunteer Day is Sunday, April 9th! Morning and afternoon shifts available. Projects include planting a summer garden for the animals, cleaning coops and barn stalls, yardwork, preparing the property for the spring fundraising gala, and of course loving on the animals! We are an all-volunteer sanctuary so your help is extra appreciated! Sign up HERE!
Save the date for June 24th for a fun and rejuvinating day with the animals! Practice "Goat Yoga," which is pretty much as awesome as it sounds, with professional yoga instructor, Amy Estes, and take a reflective walk to spend time with the animals before having light refreshments in the garden. Sign ups soon to come!
How You Can Help
We are an all-volunteer non-profit run soley by donations, so the gifts of money and time are extremely valuable to us! We have no paid staff which means more of every dollar goes directly to helping animals and hosting interactive education programs and events for the community. People often ask how they can help, and there are SO many different ways to make a difference. Check out the list below!
- Donate to our crowdfunding campaign HERE
- Attend the Barn "Raising" Fundraising Gala ~ Tickets HERE
- "Like" and "Follow" our pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Set a goal (5, 10, 15 people) to call or send an email to ask family and friends to donate to our crowdfunding campaign OR attend the Barn Raising.
- Give a gift to the animals or volunteers from our Amazon wish list HERE and make us your Amazon Smile charity of choice.
- Volunteer your time to help clean barns, maintain fences, and take care of animals.
- Volunteer your services as a contractor, plumber, electrician, etc.
- Sponsor an animal monthly to provide food, bedding, medication, and veterinary care.
- Start a fundraiser at your school or office to help animals and fund youth camps.
- Donate your land or used truck to the sanctuary (we could really use a truck to haul hay and pull the large animal trailer).
- Spread the word about the sanctuary by passing out event flyers or business cards.
- Encourage your place of work to match your donations or organize a group of co~workers to volunteer.